Project: Art Classes for Remand Home Children

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 by LEAD

Rahim G Barigidad (BIET College)

Rahim wanted to provide a meaningful experience for Remand home students.  He  devised methods to turn waste materials into art, and taught the students how to make things like sock dolls, pen holders, egg men, paper crafts, and more.  Initially, the students were not enthusiastic about the lessons.  Eventually, though, they became excited about the hands-on learning opportunities.  25 students benefitted from this project.

Upon reflection of his project, Rahim said that, "I realized that the knowledge which I had will be enhanced only when I share it with others.  After completing the project, I found myself to be more confident, and now I can communicate confidently with strangers."




No Response to "Project: Art Classes for Remand Home Children"