My Story: Arya Roshan

Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 by LEAD

My Story: Arya Roshan, SHEPA Varanasi


My name is Arya Roshan, and I'm a BBA student from SHEPA College Varanasi, My father is a teacher, and since I was a child, I wanted to make the change in the society in a positive way like my father.

However, I needed some support, then my classmate Abhishek told me about LEAD and LEAD provide me that platform. 

I joined LEAD in March 2015, and I have participated in many projects as like Ganga cleaning, women appreciation, Nukkad Drama. From these projects I learned that you can make a change in society, even at little-to-no cost. I no longer feel like the only person who wants to make change: i am surrounded by other students who have the same goals and support me, and who have become great friends to me. 
Volunteering for a celebration project in the slum area

My individual project is "Signature Complain". The idea of this project came from a Adhar Card Camp, where people who work in the camp were misbehaving with the illiterate people because they didn't know how to do a signature and fill forms. I was also inspired by the work of another LEADer, because in his project many of the villagers were having to learn a signature in order to sign up for a bank account for his project. Then I realized that I must teach them to signature. I went to my papa and asked to him about the easy way to teach signature. 

Teaching the signature
When I went in a village for starting the project, I faced many problems.  No one was coming  forward to learn signature, but at that time, an old lady came forward and told me that she wanted to go to school but there was some problems she had, so she didn't go to school. She was the first lady who learned to doing signature from me, and now I have taught 94 people how to do signature... this project and each and every project make me happy.

In 2015, I went to Hubballi for LEAD Leadership Program (LLP) and I met so many different kinds of people and made friends of all kinds: different areas, different languages, different interests. I also met many inspiring role models and improved my leadership skills so much in just 10 short days.

LEAD transform me from a shy student to a LEADer and gave me a LEADership qualities. I met many fellow LEADers who I have learned from, and many LEAD staff members who have taught me excellent skills.

"You can change the world if you care enough"


2 Response to "My Story: Arya Roshan"

.
Guten Says....

Guten Morgen französisch
Der arabische Ausdruck salam (wörtlich "Frieden", von dem gesprochenen Gruß, der die Geste begleitet), bezieht sich auf die Praxis, vor und nach einem Handschlag die rechte Handfläche auf das Herz zu legen.

.
Anonymous Says....

Ella nos da la
primera prioridad de su vida y nos da un atisbo de esperanza en nuestros malos momentos. El día que Mensajes Cristianos Dia De La Madre
nacemos, es nuestra madre quien se vuelve realmente feliz. Ella conoce todos nuestros motivos de felicidad
y tristeza y trata de hacernos felices todo el tiempo.

Existe un vínculo especial entre madre e hijos que nunca se puede terminar.